AIS is the host of the” Singtel Group People and Sustainability Symposium 2023,” a conference aimed at gathering intellect for the exchange of new ideas and knowledge that will contribute to advancing mortal development and fostering sustainable business practices in the areas of society and the terrain. The council involves leading telecommunications companies within the Singtel Group from 6 countries, including AIS in Thailand, Singtel in Singapore, Airtel in India, Globe in the Philippines, Optus in Australia, and Telkomsel in Indonesia. Embracing the conceptionRe-Imagine Work with inclusive Sustainability, the event focuses on conforming environmentally friendly work practices for sustainable operations. In organizing this conference, AIS has set an illustration by incorporating sustainable principles in all confines, expanding the impact by participating the knowledge and gests of Singtel Group directors in the form of mentorship for youth, new- generation civic community groups BKK Ranger in Bangkok. This action aims to enhance chops in critical thinking, analysis, and strategic planning to foster ideas for the unborn development and problem- solving of civic areas.
Saichon Submakudom, Head of Public Relations and Business Relations Business Unit at AIS, noted,” The exchange of knowledge and gests is commodity that we, as a company within the Singtel Group, constantly prioritize. This emphasis is pivotal for elevating our operations, enhancing client service effectiveness, as well as addressing social, environmental, and mortal resource development- all of which are integral to sustaining our business. also, it contributes appreciatively to the frugality. In summary and grounded on this time’s meeting, we’ve outlined crucial takeaways and a frame for collaboration as follows
- Purpose- led sustainability strategy
- E-Environment and Climate precluding and Responding to Climate Change enforcing processes or conditioning concentrated on reducing hothouse gas emigrations, minimizing material operation, and efficiently exercising coffers( Dematerialization) to work towards a Net Zero approach.
- S- Social Impact Digital Security Seeking feasible ways to enhance digital security, mortal rights, diversity, and social equivalency, and reducing societal difference.
- G- Governance Establishment of Sustainable Development Management Committee Creating a governance structure for sustainable development, managing and overseeing force chain sustainability, clinging to regulations, and furnishing knowledge and colorful training programs.
- V- Value Creation Environmental-friendly Product and Service Value Creation Generating added value from environmentally friendly products and services, fastening on client needs to come a commanding brand in sustainable development.
- The exchange of collaboration to dissect openings for sustainable development within the Singtel Group has seen updates in the Knowledge and Interest Exchange Framework. This involves significant systems and conditioning related to Sustainability in the capacity of enterprise and essential Environmental, Social, and Governance( ESG) tasks that each reality undertakes. The end is to identify collective interests, exchange knowledge, and inclusively explore the possibilities of collaboration. This cooperative trouble is intended to strengthen operation and integrate ESG practices into business operations, aligning with nonsupervisory compliance guidelines.
- The collaboration frame between People and Sustainability in” Empower Every Generation” involves erecting a pool able of driving organizational culture through sustainable development practices. This collaboration aims to induce positive issues for the association. The People and Sustainability collaboration frame also considers aligning impulses or motivational factors with sustainable directions.
” likewise, as the host, AIS has set a sustainable meeting model embracing all confines of environmental compensation through carbon-neutral event planning. This includes considerations similar as carbon negativing for both domestic and transnational trip, opting environmentally-friendly accommodation, using electric vehicle( EV) motorcars and electric tuk- tuks- MuvMi, and organizing catering with a food waste reduction approach inspired by the community kitchen life. also, AIS has extended the impact by participating knowledge and gests from Singtel Group directors, mentoring the youth in the new- generation civic community group in Bangkok( BKK Ranger). Spending over 230 hours as advisers , they’ve communicated pivotal chops similar as problem identification, strategic planning, budgeting, and functional prosecution through a sustainability lens. This action is believed to confidently present systems for societal impact or apply sustainable generalities to unborn business gambles. It also involves honing pitching chops, icing the capability to confidently present systems, with the belief that it’ll contribute to the positive development of systems addressing civic issues in Bangkok.”
Waratnawee Chaimongkol, a third- time pupil from the Faculty of Political Science at Thammasat University and a representative from BKK Ranger, a pupil group reporting incidents, participated her experience sharing in this program. She expressed,” After entering guidance from AIS directors and the Singtel Group, it has significantly meliorated the ideas for the platform development to show children’s opinions. The clarity and connectivity of the design’s ideals have been greatly enhanced, creating a more comprehensive link with stakeholders in the value chain.”
Phakama Ekapol, a third- time pupil from the Faculty of Political Science at Thammasat University and a member of the” Redeem Bottles for Ticket validations” group, participated her studies, stating,” This has been a new experience for us, entering coaching that allows us to understand the sustainable design development process. It has helped the platoon gain confidence and have a clear conception when presenting the design to unite with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration( BMA). The experience has been largely salutary.”
Saichon emphasized in conclusion,” Sustainability is the pivotal core that must be bedded in every business process and life. We’re pleased to be part of conveying this conception to the wider community to produce positive impacts that will, in turn, profit the cultures of everyone in the future.”