Circular Mobility, a groundbreaking offering rooted in the principles of the circular economy, empowers businesses to curtail the carbon footprint associated with their mobile fleets. Orange Business, committed to lessening the ecological impact of its operations, introduces this comprehensive solution as part of its “Re” program, emphasizing Recycling, Reconditioning, and Reprise, supporting the circular, social, and solidarity economy, in alignment with the Orange Group’s CSR commitment.
This innovative Circular Mobility solution encompasses a holistic approach, encompassing equipment, connectivity, financing, and Orange Reprise services, all underpinned by a rigorous carbon footprint assessment methodology. The carbon footprint calculations are executed by Orange Business, utilizing a validated method and data approved by AFNOR Certification, a leading French authority in third-party certification auditing.
Tailored for environmentally conscious companies, Circular Mobility covers every aspect of the equipment lifecycle, from manufacturing and logistics to usage and return for a second life. The offer includes:
- Sustainable Mobile Phones: A curated selection of sustainable mobile phones, comprising refurbished and new terminals with a minimized carbon footprint of less than 50 kg equivalent in manufacturing.
- Mobile Fleet Leasing (Mobile Leasing): This circular economy-driven service allows customers to lease a fleet for 24 or 36 months, promoting a sustainable approach.
- Old Mobile Fleet Collection and Recovery: The Orange Reprise service ensures a systematic process for the reconditioning or recycling of terminals, adhering to social and environmental criteria set by Orange Business.
- Flexible Data Plans: The Orange Business Performance Major Customers Package offers flexibility in adapting data plans to match the actual consumption of businesses, promoting efficient usage.
- Carbon Footprint Assessment: An evaluation of the mobile solution’s carbon footprint, utilizing a method and data validated by AFNOR Certification, aligning with ISO and international standards.
By embracing Circular Mobility, businesses and organizations can spread their investments over time, preserve cash flow, adopt eco-responsible consumption practices, and leverage the latest efficient technologies.
Circular Mobility leads to a notable reduction in the carbon impact of telecom usage, ranging from 26% to 40%. Orange Business has assessed this reduction across various use cases. The introduction of alternative scenarios, such as the Classic scenario (24 months) and the Serenity scenario (36 months), demonstrates a significant decrease in the annual carbon footprint per terminal, showcasing the efficacy of Circular Mobility in fostering sustainable practices.
Béatrice Poirier, Head of the Ecological Transition Division at AFNOR Certification, emphasizes the ecological transition of organizations, requiring robust guarantees through validated calculation methods and supporting databases.
Aliette Mousnier-Lompré, CEO of Orange Business, underscores the strategic importance of sustainable production and consumption. The overarching objective is to collect 30% of mobile phones for reuse or recycling by 2025, championing the circular economy through eco-design, collection, refurbishing, repair, recycling, and extending product lifespan. Today, more than ever, the Circular Mobility initiative positions Orange Business at the forefront of sustainable and eco-friendly business practices.